Workers Compensation Lawyers Brisbane
Compensation Insurance Claims Queensland
If you’ve been injured because of work, you may be entitled to make a claim under the Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003 (“Act”). Contact our workers compensation lawyers in Brisbane for advice specific to your situation.
What can you Claim?
Brisbane Workers’ Compensation Insurance Claims allow injured workers access to several benefits whilst undergoing treatment. This includes:
- Lost wages whilst you’re off work;
- Reasonable medical expenses including surgery, physiotherapy and pain management; and
Once you have undergone reasonable and appropriate rehabilitation and your statutory claim has been finalised, you may be able to bring what is known as a common law claim for damages. This in essence, allows an injured worker to be compensated for damages including (but not limited to):
- Pain and Suffering;
- Medical expenses (past and into the future);
- Past Economic Loss;
- Future Economic Loss;
- Lost Superannuation.
In order to bring a common law claim under the scheme, a worker must be able to establish that his or her employer’s negligence caused or contributed to their injury at least in some way.
Who can Claim?
In order to be able to make a workers’ compensation claim in Queensland, a person needs to be able to establish a number of things including:
- That they have suffered an injury – this includes aggravation of pre-existing injuries;
- They were a worker at the time of the injury – note this can include sub-contractors and people being paid under an ABN;
- Suffer the relevant injury in the course of their employment.
If you feel like you want some advice or you’re not getting what you’re entitled to, get in touch with our compensation claims lawyers in Brisbane. We’re with you every step of the way and we are more than happy to run over any questions you have about workers’ compensation claim over the phone.